Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr 15 Min
For a meal that's super yummy without requiring a lot of kitchen work, turn to our Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas! This recipe is packed with family-pleasing flavors and ingredients that will keep their tummies full. In fact, this just may become their new favorite family meal!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 (19-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans or black beans, warmed
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, bouillon cubes, lime zest, and cumin; cook on low about 4 hours. Shred chicken and mix into the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place beans in the middle of a tortilla, then add the chicken mixture. Fold and place into casserole dish. Repeat process until you've filled the desired number of tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce and chicken mixture over the enchiladas.Top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- This recipe comes from Sara of the Budget-Savvy Diva! Her recipe was the first prize winner in our Search for the Ultimate Weeknight Meal Contest!
- To try more of Sara's fantastic recipes visit her blog: Budget Savvy Diva!
- Check out the 10 recipes that made it to the finals!
- Plus, if you loved these crock pot chicken enchiladas, be sure to check out our collection of Top 10 Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 344
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 28g 57 %
- Cholesterol 69mg 23 %
- Sodium 979mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 2.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!