Slow Cooker Lasagna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lasagna in a slow cooker? You bet! This easy, all-inclusive dish ensures you won't be tied to the kitchen while dinner's cooking! Keep this tasty Italian favorite in mind for anytime you're too busy to cook, but still want to serve a homemade meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef, sausage, and onion, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, pepper, and garlic. In another bowl, combine pasta sauce and water.
Coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Arrange 4 uncooked noodles in slow cooker, breaking noodles as necessary to fit. Spoon half the meat mixture over noodles; top with half the sauce mixture and half the mushrooms. Spread ricotta mixture over mushrooms, and sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Layer remaining noodles, beef mixture, sauce, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese.
Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours, or until noodles are done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Just serve this with a nice, crispy Caesar salad, and you have what we'd call a perfect meal!
- Most slow cooker recipes are very forgiving if allowed to cook beyond the time specified in the recipe. However, a lasagna recipe is an exception-don't let this dish cook longer than 4 hours or the noodles and cheese may begin to scorch.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!