Summer's Best Peach Butter
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This homemade butter recipe is just what you needed to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
What to Do
- In a 4-quart or larger slow cooker, combine peaches, sugar, butter, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, and cloves; mix well. Cover and cook on low heat 7 to 8 hours or on high heat 3 to 4 hours, or until peaches are soft.
- Stir in tapioca and continue to cook uncovered 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Pour into canning or mason jars (or a dish with a cover) and allow to cool. When cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This Summer's Best Peach Butter is one of our best homemade butter recipes, but it isn't the only one. Here is our fantastic collection of Recipes for Homemade Butters and Spreads, each one more perfectly creamy than the last.
- If you're looking to do more with your slow cooker, we can help! Here are some Easy Slow Cooker Recipes You Must Try. And if you're new to the slow cooker game, our Slow Cooker: Your Own Personal Chef has everything you need to know!
- Peach Butter has a soft, Southern feel to it. We've got some other sweets that capture that Southern Charm right here in our collection of Traditional Southern Desserts.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Looking for more easy to make sauces and spreads? You're going to love this free eCookbook.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!