Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 egg white, beaten slightly
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cashews, pecans, and peanuts. Add egg white and toss until evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper; mix well then add to nut mixture. Stir until nuts are well coated then spread on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring halfway through cooking time. Let cool.
- Mix dried cranberries into nuts; serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- If you absolutely love snack mix recipes, then you have to check out this collection of Super Snack Mix Recipes! There's something for everyone or just for every occasion!
- If you're looking for something that's more holiday snack specific, check out our Munch and Crunch or--and this is sure to be a hit--Snowman Poop!
- What do you think of this recipe? Tell us in the comments below!
- Check out our recipe for Red Cinnamon Popcorn!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more holiday cheer, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 904
- Calories from Fat 614
- Total Fat 68g 105 %
- Saturated Fat 9.0g 45 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 24g 48 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 32mg 1 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 10.0g 40 %
- Sugars 37g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!