4 Bean Minestrone
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditional restaurant-style minestrone soup is slow-cooked for hours and hours before it's served as a simple appetizer or hearty main course. Our easy version is ready in no time but each bowlful is overflowing with that slow-cooked flavor.
What You'll Need
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), undrained
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except macaroni. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in macaroni.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
- For added flavor, top each bowl with a little grated Romano or Parmesan cheese. Of course, fresh-grated cheese is the way to go when you've got it!
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 233
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 27 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 1,231mg 51 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.4g 34 %
- Sugars 5.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.