All-in-One Hearty Ribs and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm...meaty short ribs simmered in a flavorful tomato and cabbage soup. What could be better than our recipe for All-in-One Hearty Ribs and Cabbage? Plus, it's made all in one pot!
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds beef chuck short ribs
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 of a cabbage, chopped (5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, brown ribs, turning to brown all sides. Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring frequently.
- Try serving the short ribs with some prepared white horseradish on the side.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!