Baked Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Potatoes, cheese, bacon - you've got all the comforts of home cooking in this crowd-pleasin' soup. It's perfect to serve when the gang's over, and guaranteed to take the chill out of a cold, wintry day!
What You'll Need:
- 5 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
- Prick each potato several times with a fork. Microwave 1-inch apart on paper towels at HIGH 14 minutes or until done, turning and rearranging after 5 minutes. Let cool. Peel potatoes, and coarsely mash with a fork.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, and saute until tender. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Stir in potatoes, half-and-half, and next 3 ingredients; cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Top each serving with cheese and bacon.
- Want even more potato soup variations? Check out our collection of Creamy Potato Soup Recipes: 7 Cozy Recipes for Potato Soup.
- If you loved this Baked Potato Soup recipe, be sure to check out our recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Casserole!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!