Beefed-Up Split Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This "from-scratch" split pea soup is comfort food at its best. Our Beefed-up Split Pea Soup recipe features hearty potatoes, stew meat, lots of veggies, and other tasty ingredients for an all-in-one pot that's sure to become a family favorite.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 (12-ounce) packages dry split green peas
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute beef 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes, or until peas are tender.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 470
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 69 %
- Cholesterol 35mg 12 %
- Sodium 1,204mg 50 %
- Total Carbohydrates 69g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 23g 94 %
- Sugars 9.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.