Black Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
On a cool day, you could hang a sign outside your kitchen that says "Today's Special: Black Bean Soup." And when your family comes running to the table, they're gonna need big bowls, 'cause a cup of this soup just isn't enough!
What You'll Need
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 4 (15-ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine broth, water, and onion over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- In a blender, puree 2 cans of the black beans with their liquid until smooth. Add to the soup pot along with the remaining undrained beans.
- Stir in salsa and cumin, and simmer 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
Garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream or some shredded Monterey Jack cheese and jalapeño pepper slices.