Bloody Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Fingers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A cauldron of thick and rich Bloody Tomato Soup pairs perfectly with our melty Grilled Cheese Fingers. Just ask some of your little ghouls to give you a hand in the kitchen and everyone can get into the spirit.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, combine tomatoes, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in the half-and-half. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through; do not allow to boil.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on 1 slice of bread and top with another bread slice; repeat with remaining cheese and bread.
- Spread butter on both sides of the sandwiches. Cook in skillet over medium heat, until golden on both sides and cheese is melted. Cut into 1/2-inch slices, like fingers, and serve with soup.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 485
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 92 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 89mg 30 %
- Sodium 1,280mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.1g 24 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!