Creamy Corn and Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Making soup from scratch doesn't have to be a chore when you know shortcut secrets. Creamy Corn and Potato Soup is thickened by its potatoes and cream-style corn, so lip-smackin' goodness is guaranteed in every spoonful.
What You'll Need:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced (see Option)
- 3 (14-3/4-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, saute onion and carrots in butter over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Give this even more color by using red-skinned potatoes (enough to equal 4 large white potatoes) and leaving their skin on.
If you enjoyed this homemade Creamy Corn and Potato Soup recipe, check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!