Hearty Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Break out a loaf of hearty rye bread and get ready for some good old-fashioned dunking!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups water
- 1 (2-pound) fully-cooked center-cut ham steak, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cans (15½ ounces each) Great Northern beans, undrained
- 5 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium-sized carrot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, combine all the ingredients over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This colonial-style brown bread is actually cooked inside of a can and it's a New England favorite! Our Boston Brown Bread is moist and flavorful on its own, but it's even better when you slather on some butter or cream cheese right before serving!