Leftover Ham Bone Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
If you're serving a big bone-in ham for the holidays and are looking for a great way to use up the leftovers, then you'll love this recipe for Leftover Ham Bone Soup. This hot and hearty soup is made with lots of veggies, beans, corn, a few spices, and, of course...your leftover ham! You can bet that they'll be leaving their bowls clean.
What You'll Need:
- 1 leftover ham bone
- 7 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups leftover diced ham
What To Do:
- Place hambone in a large pot with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and potato and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard hambone. Stir beans, corn, thyme, and pepper into the hamstock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in ham and cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
Don't forget to check out our page on Ways to Enjoy Holiday Leftovers for even more tasty recipes and ideas!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 199
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 25 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 666mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.4g 22 %
- Sugars 3.3g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.