Mexican Chicken Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
My south-of-the-border soup comes complete with its own crackers- crunchy strips of fried corn tortillas. The soup cooks in 10 minutes- just enough time to fry up the crispy strips!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 large red or green bell peppers, cut into very thin strips
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chicken, cilantro, and lime juice; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, cut each tortilla into thin strips. Heat oil in a large skillet until hot. Add tortilla strips, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Drain tortilla strips on paper towels.
Serve immediately. Top each serving with tortilla strips.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!