Mexican Tortilla Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mexican Tortilla Soup is an unexpected treat when you're looking for a warming way to start your meal. Why, it's even hearty enough for a light meal all by itself or with a salad or quesadillas.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup broken-up baked tortilla chips
What To Do:
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, bell pepper, and garlic and cook about 3 minutes, or until chicken is browned, stirring frequently.
Stir in chicken broth, corn, and salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in cilantro, ladle into bowls, and serve topped with tortilla chips.
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
- Which sandwich pairs best with this recipe? Find out in our Top 10 Soup and Sandwich Pairings page!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 184
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 17g 35 %
- Cholesterol 37mg 12 %
- Sodium 280mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?