Mom's Chicken Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a little comfort that only "Mom" can provide? Well, you're sure to feel and taste lots of TLC in each spoonful of our Test Kitchen's classic soothing Mom's Chicken Soup.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into quarters
- 4 quarts water
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chicken base or bouillon cubes to taste, optional (see Notes)
What to Do
- Rinse chicken under cold running water. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except chicken base; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken falls off bones. Cool slightly, then separate chicken from bones, discarding bones. Return chicken pieces to soup. Add chicken base, if desired, and stir until completely dissolved.
- If you decide to intensify the flavor of your soup with chicken base, begin with 1 or 2 tablespoons. If you are using chicken bouillon cubes, you can use 2 to 3.
- If you would like to make this soup a bit heartier, add some cooked egg noodles and no one will leave the table hungry.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 200
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 34g 68 %
- Cholesterol 100mg 33 %
- Sodium 883mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 5.3g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 2.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.