Spicy Sausage Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who could resist the spicy, delicious flavors of this Spicy Sausage Soup? We sure can't! Give it a try and see why it will become an instant favorite with you, too.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound hot pork sausage
- 1 (1-pound) bag chopped fresh kale greens
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Cook pork in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Place kale in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; add pork, onion, and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 6 hours or until kale is tender.
The attractive, frilly leaves of kale aren't just for garnishes anymore. With its mild, cabbage-like flavor, you're likely to see it more in salads, in stews, and as a side dish-as well as in soups, like this one.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!