Split Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This classic Split Pea Soup is chock full of fresh ingredients and wholesome good taste! We like to serve it up with crusty bread to soak up every last drop!
What You'll Need
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound fully cooked boneless ham, chopped
- 2 (12-ounce) packages dry green split peas
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
You can use leftover ham in this, or buy it right from the deli case. Don't forget to refrigerate any leftovers! And if the soup is too thick after it has been chilled, just stir in some water when rewarming it to achieve the desired consistency.
- Top off your homemade soup with some homemade croutons -- they'll think you're a kitchen wizard!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 565
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 44g 88 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 1,075mg 45 %
- Total Carbohydrates 91g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 33g 131 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.