Texas Steak Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Texans are known for liking everything big, including their steaks. That's why we like to cut the steak into large slices for this soup to give it hearty Texas body.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak (1/2 inch thick), trimmed and cut into 1-1/2 strips
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 large potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown steak strips.
- Add onion and cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until onions are tender and steak is cooked through. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 40 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Serve immediately.
This is a nice chunky soup, but if you have any additional favorite vegetables, go ahead and add them, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says you have to go outside to make an amazing BBQ dinner? Not us! With our recipe for Skillet Barbecued Chicken you can cook up a summer favorite...indoors! So, whether it's snowing, raining, or you just don't feel like firing up the grill, this barbecue chicken recipe is just perfect. Trust us, every bite is lip-smackin' good.