Turkey Frame Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's more than one way to get leftovers out of a whole turkey, and our recipe for homemade Turkey Frame Soup will take advantage of every part of our turkey. Think of it as an eco-friendly recipe you'll love.
What You'll Need:
- 1 leftover turkey frame
- 12 cups chicken broth
- Leftover pan drippings, if available
- 2 to 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 to 3 cups leftover chunked turkey
What To Do:
In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except the turkey. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, then simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Stir in the turkey, let simmer 10 minutes, then serve.
You can add some cooked egg noodles to make this an even heartier soup.
- And if you should be lucky enough to have leftover turkey breast, we really recommend you try our Cranberry Turkey Melts over the holiday weekend!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!