We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm, there's nothing quite as comforting as a warm, rich chowder. And this one's packed with healthy vegetables, so we feel good about that, too!
What You'll Need:
- 3 quarts milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced carrots
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups instant mashed potato buds or flakes
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except potato buds. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to low, stir in potato buds, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
You can add practically any other frozen veggies you'd like in here. I often add an extra package of broccoli and a package of frozen lima beans along with the others. And add more seasoning, less seasoning, or your favorite seasoning to make it your own!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 254
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 14g 28 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 450mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.1g 21 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition 'cause it's loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!