Summer's Best Chilled Corn Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With so much fresh corn in the market this time of year, we're making a summer recipe that takes advantage of this sweet summer vegetable. Try our Summer's Best Chilled Corn Soup when you want a lunch that's filled with flavor to help you beat the heat. You might say this soup is "soup-er" refreshing and the fact that it's ready in minutes, is what makes it summer's best!
What You'll Need
- 4 ears raw sweet corn, husked and kernels removed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper; seeds removed and cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Sour cream for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
What to Do
- In a blender, combine corn, beans, bell pepper, onion, sugar, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, if desired, milk, and lime juice. Blend until smooth
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled. Garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of cilantro.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.