Beef and Groundnut Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At Kwanzaa, this is a traditional recipe that's included in the 7-day African-American and Pan-African celebration of family, community and culture.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and onions, stirring until beef is browned. Add water, tomatoes, green chilies, ground red pepper, and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 1-1/2 hours, or until beef is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with 1 cup of the stew juices, slowly stirring in the juices. Stir the mixture into the stew then simmer 2 minutes, or until heated through.
I recommend serving this over a bed of hot cooked rice to enjoy every last bit of its rich sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 551
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37g 57 %
- Saturated Fat 9.4g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 43g 86 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 750mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 7.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Satisfy your cravings for pumpkin cake with our recipe for Autumn Pumpkin Dump Cake. This pumpkin dump cake combines some of your favorite flavors of fall, so you can enjoy the flavors of the season any time you want! Plus, this is such a quick and easy dump cake recipe that you can make it any time you want. Just combine your ingredients and bake and you'll be enjoying a sweet pumpkin cake in no time!