Hearty Amish Chicken Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This down-on-the-farm, Amish-style, comforting one-pot stew is sure to take the chill out of a winter night. Anytime you have a hungry gang and don't want to resort to fast food, this quick-cooking Hearty Amish Chicken Stew will be ready before you know it.
What You'll Need:
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned, and shredded (about 3 cups)
What To Do:
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine broth, potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and cook 8 minutes. Add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is heated through. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately.
This will thicken up as it sits, so you may want to add additional water when you reheat any leftovers.
This one-pot meal has it all! The only thing we'd suggest adding is a bread basket with some delicious buttery breadsticks and some warm biscuits. And if you'd like to check out more of our Amish-style recipes, go ahead and try our Amish Beef Barley Soup and our Amish Ham and Cheese Casserole. There are lots more on our website.
- Make sure to check out all of our Amish favorites in our free eCookbook, Welcome to Amish Country: 16 Easy Amish Recipes from Mr. Food.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)