Butter-Basted Herbed Turkey
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Thanksgiving-perfect, Butter-Basted Herbed Turkey isn't just pretty to look at it, it's got buttery goodness in every bite, too! Thanks to an easy, throw-together herb-butter, your main attraction is gonna have everyone at the table talkin' turkey.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (12-pound) turkey
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery stalks, cut in quarters
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for a later use. Rinse turkey with cold water, pat dry, and place in roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, parsley, poultry seasoning, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub half the mixture over outside of turkey. Place onion and celery in cavity of turkey. Cover turkey with foil.
- Roast turkey 1-1/2 hours, remove foil, and brush with herbed butter. Continue to cook uncovered 1-1/2 to 2 hours more, or until thermometer reaches 180 degrees in thickest part of thigh, basting with herbed butter every 30 minutes.
- To prevent cross-contamination, be sure not to baste the turkey with the herbed butter during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Plus, check out our tips on How to Thaw a Turkey.
- Our Asian Turkey Skillet Rounds are a great ground turkey option that you can enjoy any time of year!
- Don't forget to top it off with some of our Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy or our Foolproof Turkey Gravy!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.