Crispy Country Fried Turkey
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turkey fryers are really popular these days 'cause they produce a moist and delicious turkey in a much shorter period of time than the traditional roasting. Try our Crispy Country Fried Turkey and you'll see for yourself!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10- to 12-pound) turkey, thawed, if frozen
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, optional
- 3 to 5 gallons peanut oil
What To Do:
- Rinse turkey inside and out, and allow to drain well. Rub entire turkey with salt, pepper, onion powder, and ground red pepper, if desired.
- Heat peanut oil in a turkey fryer or a very, very large stockpot to 350 degrees F. Very carefully lower turkey, legs up, into hot oil, using basket that comes with fryer, making sure it is fully submerged.
- Fry turkey 3 minutes per pound plus 5 minutes per bird. Carefully remove turkey from oil using hook that comes with most turkey fryers, and drain on paper towels.
To measure amount of oil needed to fry turkey, place turkey in fryer, add water to top of turkey, remove turkey and water line will show how much oil will be needed to fry your turkey. Empty water, dry pot, and fill to line with oil. Adding too much oil is a fire hazard. The pot should never be more than 3/4 full or oil could overflow when turkey is lowered into the oil.
Always follow cooking instructions that come with your fryer.
- Make your Thanksgiving dinner complete with a side dish potato recipe like our Sweet Potato Casserole.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This upside-down dessert is so good, you'll be doing flips after just one bite! This is a great dessert recipe for summer, since there's no baking involved and it calls for fresh strawberries. It's also light and creamy, which is just what we crave during the warmer months. We're telling you - you're going to love this Upside-Down Strawberry Cheesecake!