Garden Eggplant Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to serve something that everyone likes, is easy to fix, and makes you look like a kitchen pro? Garden meat loaf is it! This one tastes great the first time around, as well as making great leftover cold meat loaf sandwiches...promise!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the eggplant, onion, and garlic, in a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process 15 to 20 seconds, or until finely chopped.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; cook eggplant mixture 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add eggplant mixture to meat mixture; mix well. Form into an oval shape and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until juices run clear. Allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing.
Top with warmed spaghetti sauce for that extra Italian pizzazz!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!