Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Asparagus is a classic go-along! Our easy recipe for asparagus with traditional hollandaise sauce will make all your entertaining memorable.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
What To Do:
- Place asparagus in a microwave-safe 7- x 11-inch baking dish, with tips toward center of dish. Add water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook at 90% power for 5 minutes; remove dish from microwave and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat butter at 90% power for 40 seconds, or until melted.
- Meanwhile, in another small microwave-safe bowl, beat egg yolks, lemon juice, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt until thick. Slowly pour in melted butter, whisking until well combined. Microwave uncovered at 40% power for 30 seconds, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Uncover asparagus and drain; drizzle with Hollandaise sauce and serve immediately.
To make this dish even more colorful, we like to use both green and white asparagus. Talk about an elegant conversation starter!
If you loved this simple asparagus recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Amazing Recipes for Asparagus: 13 Baked Asparagus Recipes, Roasted Asparagus Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. We love serving this one with a scoop of rice or noodles for an authentically tasty meal.
- Fried Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- 10 of The Best Recipes for Cauliflower
- Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Rings
- Baked Eggplant
- Buttery Cabbage
- Baked Stuffed Peppers
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters