Classic Creamed Spinach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Classic Creamed Spinach is like mashed potatoes or mac 'n' cheese -- a comfort food you love for your whole life. This recipe is an easier version of this favorite classic side dish.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained (see Note)
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour until mixture is combined and golden.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Two 10-ounce packages of fresh spinach can also be used; just chop it and boil until tender, then drain well and proceed as directed.
If you loved this simple spinach recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!