Classic Creamed Spinach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Classic Creamed Spinach is like mashed potatoes or mac 'n' cheese -- a comfort food you love for your whole life. This recipe is an easier version of this favorite classic side dish.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained (see Note)
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour until mixture is combined and golden.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Two 10-ounce packages of fresh spinach can also be used; just chop it and boil until tender, then drain well and proceed as directed.
If you loved this simple spinach recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. We love serving this one with a scoop of rice or noodles for an authentically tasty meal.
- Fried Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- 10 of The Best Recipes for Cauliflower
- Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Rings
- Baked Eggplant
- Buttery Cabbage
- Baked Stuffed Peppers
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters