Cream of Leek Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This restaurant-worthy recipe for easy cream of leek soup will make you feel like a pro in the kitchen. No need to run up a pricey tab when this easy to make soup can be on our table in no time!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 2 bunches leeks, cleaned, trimmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and flour, blending until smooth; set aside.
- In a soup pot, combine the broth, leeks, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the leeks are tender.
- Stir in the butter mixture until the soup is thickened; simmer for 5 minutes then slowly stir in the heavy cream, mixing well. Add the cheese, mixing until melted. Serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.