We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Creamed cabbage is a simple side dish that goes well with ... well, with everything! Our recipe for Creamed Cabbage calls for ingredients straight out of the pantry, and tastes so good, even picky eaters will want their share!
What You'll Need
- 1 large head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine cabbage, onion, water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover and allow to boil 10 minutes; drain off excess water.
- Add soup, milk, remaining salt, the black pepper, and pimientos; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're tired of serving the same ol' side dishes every fall, then you've got to give our Butternut Squash Fritters a try. Fried until golden and crispy, there's no way anyone can resist having one...or two. And they're even better if you drizzle a little syrup over them!