We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Creamed cabbage is a simple side dish that goes well with ... well, with everything! Our recipe for Creamed Cabbage calls for ingredients straight out of the pantry, and tastes so good, even picky eaters will want their share!
What You'll Need
- 1 large head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine cabbage, onion, water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover and allow to boil 10 minutes; drain off excess water.
- Add soup, milk, remaining salt, the black pepper, and pimientos; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!