Creamy Baked Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There will only be tears of joy when you serve up these Creamy Baked Onions. It's a company-fancy side dish that is one of our most popular onion recipes.
What You'll Need:
- 8 onions, peeled and cut in half horizontally
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place onions cut-side up in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Pour chicken broth over onions and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes, basting often.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy cream and flour; mix until smooth. Pour mixture over onions and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pan juices are thickened and onion tops are golden.
- Onions can kick it up a notch for almost any meal. We'd like to recommend our Cracker Onion Pie as another tasty option!
- This recipe pairs perfectly with our Unforgettable Chicken Casserole recipe!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 150
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 4.2g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.9g 4 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 410mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 4.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
At first glance, you might think this is a rice dish, but it's actually a pasta side dish! Ya see, orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta, that's often used interchangeably with rice. In our recipe for Orzo Mushroom Toss, we used orzo for its nuttier flavor, which goes great with the fresh mushrooms!