Creamy Baked Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There will only be tears of joy when you serve up these Creamy Baked Onions. It's a company-fancy side dish that is one of our most popular onion recipes.
What You'll Need:
- 8 onions, peeled and cut in half horizontally
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place onions cut-side up in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Pour chicken broth over onions and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes, basting often.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy cream and flour; mix until smooth. Pour mixture over onions and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pan juices are thickened and onion tops are golden.
Onions can kick it up a notch for almost any meal. We'd like to recommend our Cracker Onion Pie as another tasty option!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate Mardi Gras with a New Orleans classic! Beignets are basically fritters, in that they're made from dough that's dropped into hot oil and deep-fried until golden and delicious. Before they're ready to be enjoyed our Mardi Gras Beignets are sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, just like they do in N'awlins!
- Amish Pickled Beets
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Fried Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Cauliflower Griddle Cakes
- Baked Eggplant
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Buttery Cabbage