Creamy Onion Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did the name stop you? No, it's not a dessert! It's a side dish that's a super go-along for meat, chicken, or fish. We got the original version of this from a viewer who is from Ireland, but we think it's a cross-cultural hand-me-down.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 onions, sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 pie crust (from a 15-ounce package), baked according to package directions
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt butter. Saute onions 5 to 6 minutes, separating into rings; reduce heat to medium, cover, and saute 4 to 5 more minutes, or until tender. Place sauteed onions in pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour mixture over onions and sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Of course this works fine with yellow or white cooking onions, but for a real knockout success, use sweet onions!
- Wanna try our easy version of one of our favorite soups? Here's our recipe for French Onion Soup!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.