Easy Skillet Eggplant Lasagna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mama mia! This super quick Italian favorite is great served alone or on an Italian roll for sandwiches. This recipe for vegetarian lasagna sure is a winner!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in eggs; dredge in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Fry half of eggplant slices in hot oil until golden on each side. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add remaining oil to skillet; fry remaining eggplant slices until golden on each side. Return reserved eggplant slices to skillet.
- Pour marinara sauce over eggplant. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and simmer 1 to 2 more minutes or until cheese melts.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
- Looking for more tasty recipes with eggplant? Click here to check out our collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes: 17 Simple Recipes with Eggplant.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't find any red sauce here! Spaghetti Carbonara is a traditional Italian dish that's made with spaghetti pasta, bacon, and cheese. It's a creamy pasta dish that's kind of addicting. Once you try our easy recipe for spaghetti carbonara, we have a feeling you'll be having it a lot more often.