We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never eaten onions baked like this...boy, are you in for a treat! We call these baked onions "Lovin' Onions," 'cause just one bite and you're going to be lovin' them! (You'll also love how easy they are.)
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 onions, coarsely chopped (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon jarred jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped (optional)
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and sauté about 10 minutes, or until softened.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup of each cheese; mix well. Add jalapeño peppers, if desired, and cooked onions; mix well. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining cheese and sprinkle evenly over onion mixture.
Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- There are so many ways to enjoy onions. One of our favorites (and everyone else's too, it seems) is crispy Onion Rings!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.