Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage is the perfect go-along for almost any main dish. It's a simply delicious combination of cabbage and apples, simmered in cider and a few other great seasonings, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 green cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- 2 red apples, cored, seeds removed, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and cabbage is tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!