Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage is the perfect go-along for almost any main dish. It's a simply delicious combination of cabbage and apples, simmered in cider and a few other great seasonings, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 green cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- 2 red apples, cored, seeds removed, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and cabbage is tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)