Ratatouille ("Garden Relish")
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love making Ratatouille ("Garden Relish") in the summer, because it's loaded with lots of fresh summer veggies - like zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant. This easy vegetarian dish can be eaten hot or cold and served as an entree or side dish.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into half-moons
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the garlic, bell peppers, and onions for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the eggplant and zucchini; mix well, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, basil, and diced tomatoes; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
It's okay to freeze this dish if you're thinking of making it ahead of time!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The creamy chicken filling isn't the only thing that "bubbles up" in this Easy Chicken Bubble Bake. When you set it to bake with the biscuits on top, you'll find that the whole casserole "rises" to the occasion. What's the occasion? A fantastic evening dinner!