Ratatouille ("Garden Relish")
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love making Ratatouille ("Garden Relish") in the summer, because it's loaded with lots of fresh summer veggies. This easy ratatouille recipe can be eaten hot or cold and served as an entree or side dish. No matter how you serve it up, the whole gang will love this traditional ratatouille recipe and beg for it again and again!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into half-moons
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the garlic, bell peppers, and onions for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the eggplant and zucchini; mix well, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, basil, and diced tomatoes; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- It's okay to freeze this classic ratatouille recipe if you're thinking of making it ahead of time!
- Looking for more easy veggie recipes? Check out our collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We had a little fun in the Test Kitchen and turned your favorite banana bread upside-down! Our Upside-Down Banana Bread is great as-is or served with some vanilla ice cream. Just be warned, no matter how you decide to eat it, it'll be hard to stop at just one piece!