We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Using store-bought pastry means you can turn out these veggie turnovers in a snap. And just watch - they'll be snapped up before you can turn around!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted and sliced
- 1 (2-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (17-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, tomato paste, and salt. Cook for 15 more minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet with a rolling pin to a 12-inch square. Diagonally cut each into quarters, making 8 triangles. Spoon the vegetable mixture evenly on top of the dough and fold the dough over the filling, forming 8 turnovers. Pinch the edges to seal, dampening with water, if necessary.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg and water until well blended. Brush the tops of the turnovers with the egg mixture and place on rimmed baking sheets that have been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate Mardi Gras with a New Orleans classic! Beignets are basically fritters, in that they're made from dough that's dropped into hot oil and deep-fried until golden and delicious. Before they're ready to be enjoyed our Mardi Gras Beignets are sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, just like they do in N'awlins!
- Amish Pickled Beets
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Fried Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Cauliflower Griddle Cakes
- Baked Eggplant
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Buttery Cabbage