Pickled Brussels Sprouts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!
What You'll Need
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
What to Do
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and boil 5 minutes or until sprouts are bright green, yet tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 cups water, the vinegar, and salt; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until salt dissolves. Remove from heat and add garlic, black peppercorns, mustard seeds, and crushed red pepper. Pour vinegar mixture over Brussels sprouts and set aside to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Wanna know what's really great about this recipe? We can make a batch when Brussels sprouts are on sale and they keep great in the fridge for up to one month. That is if you don’t eat them all up before that!
- Peter Piper may have picked a pack of pickled peppers, but he's got nothing on our Tangy Pickled Eggs, or this summertime favorite of Pickled Watermelon Bruschetta Bites!
- How do you feel about pickled recipes? Tell us in the comments below!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more amazing veggie recipes, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!