This past week on the Mr. Food Test Kitchen Facebook page I asked our fans, “What would you make with a pound of ground beef?” We received a great response from all of you, as well as some tasty dinner ideas, so I decided to put together a list of the “Top 7 Ground Beef Dinner Ideas” as decided on by our experts (that’s you!).
7. Meat Sauce: I wasn’t surprised to see this make the list, since I know that many of you are pasta lovers. While most of you prefer your meat sauce with spaghetti noodles, you can really top any of your favorite noodles or dishes with meat sauce!
6. Goulash: There’s something about macaroni noodles mixed with ground beef, paprika, and a few other spices that just makes our mouths water. Although goulash traditionally originated in Hungary, it’s become a common American dish.
5. Burgers: There’s nothing more all-American than hamburgers, and we all have our favorite ways to make them. For a quick weeknight dinner, it doesn’t get much easier than cooking up your favorite burger in a skillet.
4. Sloppy Joes: A lot of us grow up eating sloppy joes kids, and continue eating them adults. It probably has something to do with the fact that sloppy joes are super simple to throw together, and you really only need one skillet to make them. (Anytime I don’t have extra dishes to do I get really happy!)
3. Chili: There are about as many ways to make chili as there are cities in the U.S., and everyone has their reason for why theirs is best. While some people prefer a meatless type of chili, this list is all about the beef, so that’s how I’m serving it up to you today!
2. Tacos: I think this may be the easiest idea on the list just because you can just cook your ground beef with taco seasonings, set out all the toppings, and have everyone build their own tacos. (Maybe that’s why so many of you chose tacos!) If setting out a taco buffet isn’t something you’d like to do, then you can still make an easy taco-style dish for dinner.
1. Meatloaf: It should come as no surprise that when there’s ground beef on hand, many of us think to make meatloaf. Meatloaf is a comfort-food favorite that can be made many ways, and that everyone in the family will eat (especially if it’s stuffed with a little cheese!)
Well guys, that’s all I have for you today. Thanks for sharing your favorite ways to cook up ground beef, and I hope you enjoy trying out some of these ground beef dinner ideas with your family sometime soon.
And if you didn’t get a chance to participate in our Facebook question, I’d like to know:
What would you make with a pound of ground beef?