Everyone has a standard casserole dish, right? Whether it’s a veggie side dish that you like to bring along to a potluck or a classic dinner recipe that’ll satisfy kids and adults alike, I bet you’ve got a few standards up your sleeve. Today, I want to introduce you to a few casserole recipes that are bit more surprising to add a bit more “oomph” to casserole night.
1. Chicken Fajita Casserole: Fajitas are always a fun choice for Mexican food night, but we bet you’ve never tried ’em in casserole form! It’s such a simple way to get dinner ready for the whole family.
2. Pulled Pork Casserole: That’s right—it’s pulled pork in a casserole… not on a hamburger bun! We use a few shortcuts too, so you can throw it together in a hurry.
3. Corn Chip Chicken Casserole: Time to raid the pantry and grab some of those corn chips you’ve got lying around. You’ll love having that extra crunch in the topping!
4. Waffle Fry Chicken Bake: Instead of making fries on the side of the meal, why not just put ’em on top?! You know the kids are bound to love this one when you tell ’em it has fries.
5. Chow Mein Chicken Casserole: It’s a one-pot meal, so you already know you’re gonna love it. Instead of calling up your favorite takeout restaurant and ordering some chicken chow mein, you can make some in your own kitchen—using your trusty casserole dish, no less.
6. Cheese Steak Casserole: We’ve taken a Philadelphia sandwich favorite and transformed it into casserole form! This one could be especially fun to pack up and take along to a potluck—no one will see it coming, and it’ll be the underdog hit of the night!
7. Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Bake: Two rainy day, comfort food favorites combined to make one incredible casserole recipe. The combination of tomato soup and grilled cheese is a tried-and-true classic, and now, you can make ’em at the same time whenever you need a little pick-me-up.
8. Deep Dish Pizza Casserole: The only guilty pleasure food that can top pizza is pizza in a casserole dish. It’s a twist on the famous Chicago-style pizzas, and you’ll almost be able to imagine you’ve taken a trip out to the Windy City.
Who knew you could make so many different recipes in that unassuming casserole dish?! I love trying new casserole dishes on Sundays or Mondays and bringing leftovers for lunch the rest of the week. It’s such a simple way to get a warm, homemade meal without having to run frantically around the house in the morning!
There are plenty of other creative casserole recipes from around the web, and I want to share a few of them with you. Who knows—maybe they’ll spark other ideas in the kitchen!
English Muffin Pizza Casserole from Plain Chicken: I bet you’ve never ever thought to use English muffins in a casserole, right? This casserole is so easy to customize to your tastes that you’ll never make it the same way twice.
Overnight French Toast Casserole from The Girl Who Ate Everything: Looking for a cozy dish to make this weekend? Then it’s time to treat yourself to a sweet breakfast casserole. Prep it the night before, and all you’ll have to do when you wake up is pop it in the oven!
Aren’t you just itching to get into the kitchen now? I know I am! Do you have an interesting casserole dish that surprises family and friends? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Fun Recipes with Lemonade! - April 30, 2015
- 6 Reasons to Fall Back in Love with Pasta - April 22, 2015
- What’s in Season? Top 5 Spring Fruits and Vegetables You’ve Gotta Try - April 14, 2015