Million Dollar Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This incredible pound cake is one in a million. That's why we call it our Million Dollar Pound Cake! Made from a few basic ingredients you probably always have on hand, this pound cake recipe surely takes the cake! Whether you're serving dessert just for the gang or you're setting out a fancy dessert for the guests, everyone will love this Million Dollar Pound Cake recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange Glaze
- Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Mix in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled Million Dollar Pound Cake, or almost any cool or room temperature cake or cookies.
- This is a nice, moist pound cake, so it's great served as-is, but you can serve it with just about anything! Some of our favorites include, fresh fruit, whipped cream and ice cream. A steamy mug of our Italian coffee goes perfectly with a slice! Get ready to have the snacktime (or anytime) of a lifetime!
- Add a whole new flavor, or look, to your Million Dollar Pound Cake by trying a different kind of glaze. Click here to learn how to make glaze and for more glaze recipes!
- If you love pound cake and are craving some different varieties and flavors, then check out our collection of 10 Perfectly Pleasing Pound Cake Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.