We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
East meets West in our tasty Asian Chicken made with budget-friendly boneless chicken thighs. This Asian-style chicken cooks up rich and flavorful in our slow cookers, so it's also a super time-saver.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 scallions (green onions), sliced diagonally
What To Do:
- In a 4-quart electric slow cooker, combine chicken, ginger, garlic powder, and black pepper; mix well. Stir in pineapple chunks with juice, the drained water chestnuts, bell pepper strips, and chicken broth.
- Cover, and cook on low setting for 6 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch; mix until smooth then stir into chicken mixture. Add scallions, and serve.
If you're a fan of this recipe, then check out How to Cook with Your Slow Cooker, Plus 11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?