FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
The Mr. Food Test Kitchen Recipe eNewsletter is the free email recipe newsletter published by the Editors of at MrFood.com. We publish the Mr. Food Recipe eNewsletter 6 times a week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays). The editors at MrFood.com also publish 2 - 3 Mr. Food Recipe eNewsletter special offers issues each week with deals and offers for Mr. Food readers. Each of the standard issues revolves around a recipe theme, such as chicken recipes, slow cooker recipes, casseroles, breakfast, and everything else from A - Z. Here is some of what is included in each issue of the Mr. Food Recipe eNewsletter:
- 10-20 Mr. Food Test Kitchen Recipes
- Book or Product Giveaway: Enter to Win Cookbooks or Food Products
- Shopping, Cooking, Baking or Serving Tips
- New Blog Posts at the Mr. Food Test Kitchen Blog
- New eCookbooks to download for free
Signing up for the free recipe Mr. Food Test Kitchen Recipe eNewsletter is simple. Just go to our newsletter signup page and fill in your information. You can also click subscribe at the bottom of any page of MrFood.com to get to this sign-up form.
We support the Hassle-Free unsubscribe at MrFood.com. To unsubscribe from the recipe email newsletter, you can simply click the “Hassle-Free Unsubscribe” image at the bottom of any issue of Mr. Food Test Kitchen Recipe eNewsletter or click the “Click here to unsubscribe” link also provided at the bottom of each mailing. You can also unsubscribe on the website here.
Find out how to use your My Recipe Box account to save recipes for reference later. You can find step-by-step instructions here.
Please visit the following link in order to change your email address for newsletter subscriptions.
Please note that if you also have a site account for a recipe box, you will need to log in and change your email address under “My Account.”
1. Click the Tools menu. (On a Mac, click the Firefox menu.)
2. Select Options. (On a Mac, select Preferences.)
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Select the 'Accept cookies from sites' checkbox.
5. Click the OK button.
1. Click on the Tools menu (located at the upper right hand corner of the browser, next to the search bar.)
2. Select Settings.
3. Click "Show advanced settings."
4. Under the Privacy header, click the "Content settings..." button.'
5. Select "Allow local data to be set (recommended)."
6. Click "Done."
Internet Explorer 10 and 11
1. Click the "Tools" button.
2. Click "Internet Options."
3. Click the "Privacy" tab, and then, under "Settings," move the slider to Medium or Low.
4. Click "Apply."
Internet Explorer 6 or 7
1. Click the Tools menu.
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Click the Default button (or manually slide the bar down to 'Medium').
5. Click the OK button.
1. Click the Safari menu.
2. Select Preferences.
3. Click Security.
4. In the 'Accept Cookies' section, select Always.
If you have cookies enabled but use certain features such as SafeSearch, you may also need to allow third-party cookies such as those from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen.
The Mr. Food Test Kitchen eCookbooks are free, downloadable recipe collections organized around a theme, such as dessert recipes, holiday recipes or recipes in 30 minutes or less. These eCookbooks are PDF documents that can be downloaded from our website, saved to your computer, and/or printed for easy reference while cooking. We think eCookbooks are a great way to offer a free collection of recipes to our users. Our very first eCookbook, Mr. Food Decadent Desserts eCookbook included 43 pages of dessert recipes, including Whoopie Pies, Black Forest Cake and Bite-Sized Chocolate Cheesecake. Our eNewsletter publishing partners at RecipeLion.com also have some great free recipe eCookbooks filled with yummy recipes.
You will need Adobe to access our eCookbooks, but you can download a free copy of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. If a link in a PDF recipe does not work, type the recipe name into the search box at our website to locate the project and please contact us.
The MrFood.com editorial team loves giving away cookbooks, food products and cooking tools to our readers. In every issue of Mr. Food Test Kitchen Newsletter we feature a new contest. These cookbooks and products are reviewed by our testing team and the in-depth review is provided on the contest page. You can enter the contest via the entry form on the contest page.
Weekly giveaways last two weeks. Winners are notified by email, and they have two weeks to send back their affidavits in order to claim the prize. Once those two weeks have passed we will pick a different winner. In addition to standard entry via the form on the contest page, we will give you an extra entry in the contest for EACH of the following items:
- We will give you an extra entry if you blog about the giveaway at your blog. Contact us with a link to the blog post.
- We will give you an extra entry if you tweet about the giveaway. Use the tweet button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
- We will give you an extra entry if you post about the giveaway on Facebook. Use the Like button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
For more specific rules regarding a giveaway, please see the Rules link at the bottom right of any contest page.
But of course! You can visit our blog at http://www.mrfood.com/blog. We update our blog regularly with new recipes, cooking tips, food news, and more. We LOVE when readers comment on the blog, and you don't have to sign in to comment. Just enter your name, email, and comment into the form at the bottom of each blog post and click submit. No one but the editors will see your email address, and we will only use it to contact you in response to a question or to thank you for a comment.
We welcome guest posts at the Mr. Food Test Kitchen blog. If you are interested in contributing a guest post at our blog, whether you want to tell a personal cooking story or talk about a food trend, simply contact us. We love working with other members of the cooking community, so feel free to tell us your idea.
To ensure that the email we send you ends up in your inbox and isn't mistakenly sent to the junk folder, please whitelist our email address, which is mail@MrFood.com. For directions on how to do so, click here.
Our mail servers send e-mail through primenewsletters.com or favecrafts.com for all of our web properties. For a complete list of our e-mail newsletters please visit www.primenewsletters.com or our subscriber center.
Updated April 23, 2014