Cinnamon Walnut Cherry Oatmeal
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
- READY IN
- 14 Min
Looking for an easy way to turn your oatmeal into something special? Our simple oatmeal recipe, Cinnamon Walnut Cherry Oatmeal, is just like a classic breakfast recipe you'd prepare early in the morning on a weekend vacation. Its combination of maple, cinnamon, and walnuts turns this oatmeal recipe into the perfect fall breakfast recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
What To Do:
- Combine milk, water, and dried cherries in a large saucepan; bring just to a boil over medium heat.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and salt to saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in maple syrup.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with walnuts.
I love this welcome change from sugary-sweet oatmeal! But if you wake up with a sweet tooth, simply increase the amount of maple syrup you use as desired.
- Amish Cooking: 8 Amish Recipes for Breakfast
- Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
- Homemade Donut Recipes: 8 Easy Recipes for Donuts
- Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
- Breakfast in a Mug
- Sunrise Breakfast Pizza
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
- Breakfast Monkey Bread
- Simple Brunch Recipes: 19 Breakfast Casseroles