Chocolate Dipped Peanut Brittle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Pound
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 13 Min
Do you remember how excited you got when your parents took you to the local candy shop to purchase your favorite homemade candy? Well, that nostalgia is in full force with our old-fashioned recipe for Chocolate Dipped Peanut Brittle.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry-roasted or shelled raw peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (2-ounce) chocolate candy coating squares
What To Do:
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes; add peanuts, and microwave 2 more minutes. Stir in butter, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Pour onto a buttered 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet; shake pan to spread thinly. Cool until firm, and break into pieces.
- Melt the candy coating squares according to package directions; dip peanut brittle pieces into melted chocolate. Place on wax paper, and let harden. Store in an airtight container.
- This recipe was tested in a 1000-watt microwave oven. If your oven wattage varies, your cook time may also vary. It's best to make Peanut Brittle on a sunny, dry day because it's sensitive to humidity. Store the candy in an airtight container to keep it crisp and crunchy-you don't want it sticky to the touch.
- Put some in a fancy bag and tie it with a ribbon, and you've got the perfect homemade food gift!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Spruce up your hot dogs with a savory topping that's really yummy and comes together in no time. Our Old Time Hot Dog Sauce is beefy, flavorful, and all-American. It's just what your hot dogs need to take them from ordinary to extraordinary!