We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Think "real men don't eat quiche?" Yes, they do--especially when it's layered with two creamy cheeses, packed with spicy sausage, and surrounded by a buttery cream custard. Talk about tasty and hearty!
What You'll Need:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (15-ounce) refrigerated folded pie crust
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until tender; remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add sausage to the skillet and saute, stirring occasionally, until crumbled and cooked through; drain, then stir in the onion mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unfold pie crust and place in an 8-inch round cake pan, pressing firmly against the pan to form a crust; flute, if desired.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the crust. Top with the sausage mixture, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream and eggs; pour over the cheese and sausage, then bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Saucy Country-Style Ribs
- 21 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
- Southern Fried Pork Chops
- All-In-One Pork Chop Dinner
- Melt in Your Mouth Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Country Pork
- Classic Barbecue Ribs
- Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
- Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops
- Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More