- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr
Think "real men don't eat quiche?" Yes, they do--especially when it's layered with two creamy cheeses, packed with spicy sausage, and surrounded by a buttery cream custard. Talk about tasty and hearty!
What You'll Need:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
pound sliced fresh mushrooms
pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (15-ounce) refrigerated folded pie crust
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend, divided
- 1 1/2
cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until tender; remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add sausage to the skillet and saute, stirring occasionally, until crumbled and cooked through; drain, then stir in the onion mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unfold pie crust and place in an 8-inch round cake pan, pressing firmly against the pan to form a crust; flute, if desired.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the crust. Top with the sausage mixture, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream and eggs; pour over the cheese and sausage, then bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 15 14