Holiday Stuffed Capon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving or Christmas to have this fancy-looking stuffed favorite on your table. In fact, this one is so easy, we wouldn't be surprised if your family sees that holiday look more often.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cornbread stuffing cubes
- 3 ounces pitted dates, chopped (about 12 dates)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7- to 8-pound) capon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place water and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add cornbread stuffing cubes and remove from heat. Toss lightly until thoroughly moistened. Let sit 5 minutes, then add chopped dates and pecans. Toss lightly and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except the capon; set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture. Loosen the skin from breast and thighs of the capon and rub mayonnaise mixture under the skin, inside the cavity, and on the exterior, coating well. Stuff capon with stuffing and place on rack in prepared pan.
- Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved mayonnaise mixture and pan drippings.
If you prefer, you can use your own favorite flavor stuffing cubes in place of the cornbread cubes. There are no rules!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Red Velvet Cake is one of our favorite desserts, especially during the holidays, so we thought, why not turn this dessert into a festive breakfast item, too? With our recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes, you can celebrate all things red and decadent any time of the year!