Fried Cheesy Pickles
It's got crunch. It's loaded with cheese and a pickle. What is it? It's our Fried Cheesy Pickles! This mouthwatering recipe was inspired by a popular restaurant appetizer found in Fargo, ND. Now that we've come up with our own recipe for this yummy treat, we can enjoy them anytime we want!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 1 (8-ounce) block Havarti cheese, cut into 5 long slices, then in half lengthwise (like a spear)
- 1 (24-ounce) jar dill pickle spears, drained and blotted dry
- 2 cup oil for frying
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sriracha, garlic powder, and paprika; mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface. Layer a piece of cheese across the center at an angle, then top with a pickle spear. Lightly brush edges of egg roll with water. Fold one corner of egg roll wrapper up over pickle, then fold both sides over envelope fashion; roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers, cheese, and pickles.
- In a large deep skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add egg rolls in batches and fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.