Loaded Potato Cocktail Bites
Your guests are going to have a hard time staying away from the appetizers table when you set these out. Our Loaded Potato Cocktail Bites are like mini loaded potatoes you can just pop into your mouth. Serve them with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped chives and you've got yourself an impressively delicious party starter.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cup frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ready-to-serve bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 24 mini muffin cup tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, egg, flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Add cheese and bacon; mix until combined. Place about a tablespoon of potato mixture into muffin cups and press down gently; cups should be filled to the top.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crispy brown. Let cool slightly (about 2 minutes) then run a knife around edges and remove to a platter. Top with sour cream and chives. Serve immediately.
- These can be prepared and baked ahead. Right before serving, reheat them in a 300-degree F. oven for 10 minutes. Top with sour cream and chives or scallions.
- Check out Easy Home Meals for more easy recipes and ideas!